Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

My brother and I are new to the sport this year and we are looking for any local places to ride. We are from Cottage Grove, MN. We know there are trails near here and in Cottage Grove in fact but how do we get access to them/ Where are we supposed to park the truck and trailer? Also are there better trails to ride in Hastings? Just looking for a little info on where to ride around here and where it's ok to park the truck.

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks
Tony

·
Registered
195 Posts
Welcome to the site!!!! I am from Boston so I have no advice for you but I think later in the Morning you will get all the advice you will ever need... This Site is great and you will get alot out of it...

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
you can park your tow rig at the point in hastings.Just let Rocky the bartender know you are leaving it there and when you will be back,there pretty cool about it. Maybe have lunch or a cocktail later and they really don't mind. I have left my tow rig and trailer there before w/o any problems. The point is the restaurant and gas station on the east side of hwy 61 At the intersection of hwy 61 and hwy 10 before Hastings

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
Welcome, what do you have for sleds???

Stop at a bar, snowmobile dealer, get a map, that should help you out. You will need a trail pass, to ride the trails.

[attachment=57076]
[attachment=57077]

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the input so far. We are riding old metal but they run nice now that we cleaned the carbs, also thanks to this site for the step-by-step intructions on the how-to.

91 Polaris 440 air
94 Polaris 488 Trail air

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It was the best, we found out that the vfw or the "red barn" as people here in Cottage Grove call it supports a local snowmobiling club and the trail starts in their parking lot. The bartender said I can park my trailer and tow rig there anytime, even gave me a star trail system map. Awesome, we then went for our first ride Sunday night. Only logged 12 miles but man were they sweet. Thanks for the input again guys.

·
Registered
432 Posts
That's good to know. I live in the northwest suburbs, so that's the opposite side of town for me. But might be a place to check out if there's decent snow to ride on.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
welcome to the site im shure you will find what you need on this site no matter what it is.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts