Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
I have a 03 Edge 700. I was wondering if any companys make a twin pipe for that sled. Also what are the diffrences between a twin pipe and a single pipe.
Thanks Kevin

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Originally posted by kipper
[br]Hello
I have a 03 Edge 700. I was wondering if any companys make a twin pipe for that sled. Also what are the diffrences between a twin pipe and a single pipe.
Thanks Kevin
The twin pipes will make more power than the single pipe, but will cost more as well. People say they are finicky and will often lead to motor meltdown but if you adjust your jetting and clutching to match the pipes you can find reliability. My sled has 1000 miles on it with no real issues. Fit can be an issue as well sometimes.

May want to check out PSI. I have their twin pipes on my 02 800. They work well and fit pretty well. I trailered most of last year w/ no cover and the road salt combined w/ the heat helped the factory paint burn off pretty quick but I got them coated and am happy w/ them now.
http://www.psipowerinc.com/home.htm

here are twin pipes for your sled
http://www.psipowerinc.com/store/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=22_25&products_id=31

Here are pics of my pipes
[attachment=18983]
[attachment=18985]

Attachments

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow thanks Joe you answered all my questions and then some. I love the look of them under your hood. Do they make your sled much louder?
Thanks Kevin

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Originally posted by kipper
[br]Wow thanks Joe you answered all my questions and then some. I love the look of them under your hood. Do they make your sled much louder?
Thanks Kevin
No problem, just trying to help.

They are louder for sure, but it isn't terrible. There are still other sleds out there that are louder. I always here triples that are louder whenever I ride. I would say that at idle they are slightly louder than most other sleds. At a cruising speed they have a nice sound to them, but when you crack the throttle they sing!!!

I have never really heard them other than when I am riding so it is hard to tell how loud they are to others. Revegade on this site rides w/ me and he could tell you how loud they are from the non-driver point of view.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I think twin pipes sound the best out of all pipes. Like ShoelessJoe said they have a nice rumble at idle but seem to get quieter at cruising speeds. And they don't have that high pitched sound that comes out of sleds with a can.
Also twin pipes give you more top end due to a higher operating RPM when setup right.

OldIndy

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey thanks guys. Well I think I know what im gunna be workin for this summer. I love the look of them when you open the hood to.
Thanks Kevin

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
I would contact PSI. I have some notes from the old Gen II big block 700 days but thise were different animals.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts