Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
IMO i would say no. I have heard that twins are really finichy on the ves motors. I would suggest slp single or hot seat chubby with either slp or hot seat can (idr if they make one or not) or i like to run a stock can with a hot seat chubby on our pro x 800

·
Registered
334 Posts
The twins do get a little finicky with temperature and altitude changes. If you're ported, go with the performance edition single. If not, go with the regular slp single. Much more consistant in changes, pretty much set it and forget it. (LOL)

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
twins will be a bit finicky, but with a tempa-flo or a dial-a-jet added to compesate for air/alt/temp/and jetting they are way better, much more power and better performance from the two cylinders breathing on their own..

·
Registered
122 Posts
IMO SLP is junk. Any of the pipes that i have seen have burned holes, and I've seen much more power squeezed out of CPI twins. I do agree with the single pipe bit though. Twins can get finnicky. BUT, they do sound AWESOME with stingers and they produce gobs of power with the right clutching and tuning.

·
Registered
244 Posts
On my rmk i've had slp pipes for ten years now no problems, many of my friends and people in my snowmobile club have slp pipes with no problems.

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
indyrmk30 said:
IMO SLP is junk. Any of the pipes that i have seen have burned holes, and I've seen much more power squeezed out of CPI twins. I do agree with the single pipe bit though. Twins can get finnicky. BUT, they do sound AWESOME with stingers and they produce gobs of power with the right clutching and tuning.
i have a feeling the sleds you have seen with "burnt holes" from the "slp pipes" is due to user error and people not knowing how to set up a sled for pipes... SLP has some of the best products and tech support for a aftermarket company and at one time worked hand in hand with polaris to design parts... i ran slp triples on my xc for over 4000 miles, had many other mods done to the motor and have had a burn down related to the pipes......

Dont be scared do some research throw the twins on it, dial it in, and wooop your buddy's ass with the out dated sled...

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
indyrmk30 said:
I agree with squeezing power out of the CPI's. The set in my profile pic helped push my XCSP 700 to triple digits in 660 ft. But very hard to get them as happy as a stock set up. You know the minute that it's running out of it's comfort zone because it's either a dog or an animal that is only going to run for a few more seconds.

SLP's twin pipes are good for someone just learning to tune. They are much more forgiving then most other pipe manufactures and have great tech support and tuning tips.

Twin pipes are really nice, but you have to know what your doing.

My advise is to ask yourself what your plans are for the sled. If your going to trail ride it and not want to mess with it at all then leave it the way it is or get a single pipe. If you don't mind tinkering and adjusting carbs and checking plugs and really want to get some added power then twins are the way to go.

Tempa-flo and dial-a-jet make twin pipes useable for almost anyone, but it still needs to be set up right. If I ever do another twin pipe set up with a carbed sled I will be getting one of those and if twins are the way you choose to go then it's best to have one.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
i have a xc 700 with gutted air boxed v force reeds slp boost bottle slp power packs in the carbs slp twin slp clutches and im telling you i have never had so much power and torque not even out of my triple. when you hit the throttle your stomach drops and i can catwalk all day long on ice snow or grass..if you think your up for dialing them in go for it takes time

·
Registered
122 Posts
That is very true. you pay for that extra horsepower when it comes time to tune...it seems that way with any setup when you keep pumping up the ponies. I think that if you take the time to dial it in, it will be a screamer.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts