Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When i have my hand warmers on my grips tend to twist on the bars. The brake side always twist with hand warmers on or off. They look pretty worn on both sides and ive never replaced a set of grips on a snowmobile before. I race motocross and change grips pretty often on my bike but would i need to use polaris girps or is there a decent after market set out there that will deal with the heat from the hand warmer? Also do you have to use a special glue. I Always use scotts grip glue on my bikes but i didnt know if you would be able to with the heat from the hand warmer. And what is the best way to get them off and on with out damaging the hand warmer? Also these are on stock polaris bars.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
To get them off, wrap the grip with a shop rag, or preferrably a thick hand towel and use a pipe wrench or adjustable pliers with teeth on the clamps, and then twist them to break the glue and then they should just pull right off the end of the bars.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Are they made of hard rubber or are they kind of plyable? I know when I took the ones off of my iqr it worked good to shove an air hose nozel deal into the hole at the end thus inflating the grip.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Polaristhewayout said:
Are they made of hard rubber or are they kind of plyable? I know when I took the ones off of my iqr it worked good to shove an air hose nozel deal into the hole at the end thus inflating the grip.
they are just the stock grips so they are pretty hard rubber. Can i replace them with just any grip or do i have to get another set of hard rubber ones?

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
I use compressed air to get them off, and for glue, I use ordinary hair spray that the wife keeps in the bathroom.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
ranger400ex1994 said:
Polaristhewayout said:
they are just the stock grips so they are pretty hard rubber. Can i replace them with just any grip or do i have to get another set of hard rubber ones?
I'm not too sure the compressed air would work then. My grips are stock polaris ones too but they are newer and they are made of a softer typ of rubber. Some grips, for example, the ones on my dad's old indy 500 are hard as a rock. So you might have to do as jesse said and try and twist them off as best you can.

·
Registered
273 Posts
TriumphoverU said:
I use compressed air to get them off, and for glue, I use ordinary hair spray that the wife keeps in the bathroom.
X2 the hair spray makes them slide on easy and then keeps them in place.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts