Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two questions, the first is what is the difference between a block style riser and a pivot riser? Is it just what the name says the pivot u can pivot? My handle bars are raised 2" from the factory and would like to add another 2" so what is the best way to go? And the last question is i blew up my 440 last year because of a mechanical failure from the dealer, i got the motor rebuilt already. So the question is how hard would it be to swap out the 440 and put a 550 in it. What all has to be done to it? The only reason for asking about swaping is i just hope i dont blow up the sled again this year. And i do have a tempa flow on it just to let you know. Thanks again in advance.

Steve

·
Registered
577 Posts
yup. Pivot riser means it can *pivot from where it is attached. The block is just that.. a block of aluminum that raises your bar mount straight up.
Go fo the Pivot. You can move the bars a litle closer or further away from you if you want.

·
Registered
6,044 Posts
Bark Mulcher is correct on the pivot part.
They help a lot in keeping your rider weight forward where it belongs.

For the motor swap, both are fan cooled, so plumbing is easy / none.
I believe they both take the same motor plate and mounts, so that part is easy.
From there, it's just a matter of doing the swap, getting the electricals right, and then making sure your pipe and carbs are the right ones for the 550 and then set up your jetting.

Once it's done, you will most certainly want to go through your clutching too.

All in all, it shouldn't be that bad a job as far as motor swaps go.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey thanks proxJ if the motor gives me problems this year then I am dumping the motor for a 550 like you did. I really appreciate the offer for the information on swapping motors. Thanks again.

Steve

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Pivot is better. The setup is a lot of money but you can buy a bigger riser if you got a adapter because you can angle the riser not just the bar like the block style. Having a pivot style is more adjustable.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
pivot all the way you wotn be dissapointed. i'm puting 1 on my sled next year. ive got a 4 inch block... and next year im addign a pivot to it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.