Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went snowmobiling today and I was goin to fill up the oil but...

what type of oil do you use for a 2004 arctic cat F7?

thanks,
Myles

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Any synthetic for use with exhaust valves should work. I would use the Arctic APV (think thats what its called), Amsoil Interceptor, or Klotz. I am going to the Interceptor this year, Polaris' VES oil sucks, burns dirty and clogs valves, I have heard good things about the Interceptor being a lot cleaner burning.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
I would use klotz or amsoil interceptor. I would defiantly use a synthetic.

Don't you have some cat apv oil? Don't the dealers give you a gallon of oil with a purchase? I always talked them out of one.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
o ya its a EFI, and I bought the sled used and forgot to ask the previous owner

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Originally posted by NickJ
[br]Any synthetic for use with exhaust valves should work. I would use the Arctic APV (think thats what its called), Amsoil Interceptor, or Klotz. I am going to the Interceptor this year, Polaris' VES oil sucks, burns dirty and clogs valves, I have heard good things about the Interceptor being a lot cleaner burning.
Ive used VES for the past 2 years. Ive had no issues with clogging or sticking. I ride about 1500 miles a year and clean my valves every spring, I seldom ever have more than a very thin layer of carbon on the valves that takes about 5 minutes to clean off.
Ive heard bad things about Cat APV oil.

·
Registered
43 Posts
If you want a good synthetic at a reasonable price try the Shell Advance Snow Ultra, I've been using it for 5 years and its the best I've used so far, with VES engines.

·
Super Moderator
11,650 Posts
I'd say run either Cat's APV oil, or Amsoil Interceptor (<--I'd personally go Amsoil).

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
The hell with Amsoil, good luck with your engine staying running if you run it. I'd go with the Phillips Synjex full synthetic. The price is right and it protects better than Amsoil. Of course that is my opinion. Ran the A' stuff last year and broke a crank on my 600.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Originally posted by myvertxcape
[br]The hell with Amsoil, good luck with your engine staying running if you run it. I'd go with the Phillips Synjex full synthetic. The price is right and it protects better than Amsoil. Of course that is my opinion. Ran the A' stuff last year and broke a crank on my 600.

The brand of oil you are running should have nothing to do with your crank breaking. Poor lubrication will cause premature wear, not crank detonation. Even if your bearings locked up the engine will usually just seize. There had to be a flaw or pre-existing issue with your bottom end for the crank to break in half.

If amsoil could cause a crank ot break in half, then polaris ves oil would make your sled go up in a mushroom cloud.

With proper maintenence any sled should run fine with almost any kind of oil. However there a are a few exceptions. Some engines are picky and some oils can be inadequate, however Amsoil is a superior product to most other oils.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Face it guys, People have been having issues with amsoil. Mainly it is that they don't have enough or any of the stuff that repels rust on the crank bearings. It's not as it is bad oil it just doesn't meet the highest standards.

If you are going to use aftermarket oil why not use the highest rated oil there is.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Try IPONE, I ran it all year last year in both my 2000 600 xcsp and 2002 800 Edge X, and I had no problems with it at all, keeps the valves clean, and plus it smells like strawberries, so it doesn't leave you stinking.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
I vote for amsoil, I use the Dominator, and have had nothing but good results. Valves very clean. I am very happy with it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
There's only one oil on the market to use....Blue Marble....If you haven't heard about it, check out the reviews.

http://www.bluemarbleoil.com

I was skeptical before I switched, but I tell you what, its everything they claim it to be. the biggest advantage is the lack of smoke, my sled doesn't hardly produce any smoke anymore...when it idles it almost like a car...just vapor...I did say almost like a car, its still a 2 stroke, but a lot less smokee one....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts