Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i have a 1996 polaris ultra with slp low rpm pipes power reeds slp heads and slp low elevation needles i tried installing ufo and droped pilot from a 25 to a 17.5 and runs real rich at idle and fuel mileage sucks any help would be great runs great at mid range and wot any one with a ultra with my setup or any one with ufo exp please help thanks

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
going to get 15 tomorrow do you have any experience running these things on a ultra or any polaris triple

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
instructions say to drop pilots in half. on my 440 oem are 45's. I dropped down to 17.5's. I would think you should be around the 12.5 range

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i installed 15 today i think that was it seams to run much better will c when we get some more snow and colder temps thanks

·
Registered
827 Posts
I think you're supposed to run 30 pilots with the SLP pipes. So half of that would be 15 I guess.

Do these UFO deals make much of a HP difference?

·
Registered
292 Posts
The UFO's are supposed to help w/ bottom end throttle response.... They seem to be working, But i havent gone for much of a ride... Just some WOT runs on the property to dial in jetting & clutching.... On my Ultra it's hard to tell precisely what the UFO's have done, as I have made a considerable number of changes for his season.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
they do work great huge difference in low end and mid range had to change out clutch weights to 1060 and cut the tips thats how much low and mid range increased throttle response is 100 percent i also have boyesen power reeds and geared down also and the 15 seam to be what it needed for a pilot jet before the ufo i use to run 25 pilots and slp high elevation needles where way better than the low elevation ones 247 p6 and slp high elevation needles in the middle clip worked out great at low elevation what are you guys running for jet needles in your ultras

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
has any one here used tmx 38mm flatslides on these polaris ultra if so what is the jetting on these mains, needle, pilot, so thse would work

·
Registered
171 Posts
I think you're supposed to run 30 pilots with the SLP pipes. So half of that would be 15 I guess.

Do these UFO deals make much of a HP difference?
They smooth the bottom of the slide and keep air/fuel from hitting the back edge and deflecting down which causes a disruption in flow. Better venturi means better throttle response/fuel economy/ and an all around better/cooler running machine.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
I looked and my 1000 with 44 mm rounds and ufo's is running 15 pilots, and with the air screws turned in its very rich at idle.

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
Just to chime in specifically about the UFO's, they do work and in my opinion are one of the best mods for any powersport engine with a VM carb. I spoke with Lonn @ Thunder and he said it wasn't uncommon to have to drop more than 50% of the pilot size. My XCR came with 45 pilots and I'm running 17.5's with my UFO's. The bottom end improvement was quite nice, also added 1-2mpg.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts