Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got the new slp mag and i have been reading up on these UFO's. I am doing some work on my xlt and i am wondering what everybody thinks about them and if they are worth it or not thanks.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
I was looking at them too. Decided not to get them. Been hearing they make the jetting very touchy.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Don't agree with it being more touchy, but they do make the motor more responsive and responds more noticeably to jetting changes. IMO, that is a good thing. If you're not willing to spend time tuning them initially, I would advise against them. Once tuned, they work well. Your sled will also run better overall than it did without the UFOs. Before you install them, call Lonn at Thunder Products and ask all of the questions you have. If you are an inexperienced tuner, admit it, and ask for help or you will be frustrated with UFOs.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
polaris-xlt said:
Alright thanks. the slp mag says it a fuel optimizer but thunder products say flow optimizer lol
They are made by Thunder Products. http://www.thunderproducts.com/u_f_o.htm

·
Registered
25 Posts
I install them in every round slide carb sled I have ever owned. LOVE them!!1 Simple as can be, just cut your pilot jet by half and you will be good to go. Jetting is NOT touchy at all, and that thing will be snappier then all get out! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
With mine, 98 XCR 440, I went from a 45 pilot to a 17.5 and my stock slides were 2.0s and are 3.5s with the UFOs. It is very common to end up at less than 1/2 of the original pilot. For this reason, I called to talk to Lonn at Thunder Products so I had all the jets I might need to dial it in. The sled will run good but get terrible fuel economy if not tuned correctly.

·
Registered
463 Posts
i run the ufo's inmy xcr600 aswell! had to lean my jettin way out then after the initial tuningit ran great, and was as reliable as ever!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts