Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
low and behold as soon as i pretty much finish the mach 1 what do i see under my sled?? OIL!! question is where did it come from? i dont think its from the engine cause it would have a gas smell to it.. and that pretty much leaves it to the chain case.... anyway of finding out? ive had the pipes off and cleaned inside of it didnt see any oil just the normal crap thats in sleds any ideas on what this could be and how to check it?? thanks guys

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Can be a lot of things, but you didnt give information about where it is, what kind of oil it is. If your chain case is leaking I'm sure hoping your not using 2 stroke oil in it. Over flow line would do it to.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sledcrusher said:
Can be a lot of things, but you didnt give information about where it is, what kind of oil it is. If your chain case is leaking I'm sure hoping your not using 2 stroke oil in it. Over flow line would do it to.
its on the same side as the chain case basicaly looks like its just in frount of the track i smelled it it really doesnt smell like 2 cycle oil it smells like normal oil i also didnt run it today nm i did just for a secound though to see if pipes were good to go

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Possibly the seal behind the drive axle brg in chain case. If the brg is on its way out itll chew up the seal and leak, or if the seal just gets old n dry itll start leaking and itll leak out the drive axle side of the case under your sled.

·
Registered
257 Posts
my 650 was leaking out of the chain case. had pinched the gasket when reinstalling the cover. only figured it out by removing the cover and seeing the gasket was pinched. try filling it after cleaning it and see if it leaks. mine was only leaking after getting up to running temp tho.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Luke said:
Possibly the seal behind the drive axle brg in chain case. If the brg is on its way out itll chew up the seal and leak, or if the seal just gets old n dry itll start leaking and itll leak out the drive axle side of the case under your sled.
Shit how much will it be to fix iv gotten pretty good on these so far lol

blacktar08 said:
my 650 was leaking out of the chain case. had pinched the gasket when reinstalling the cover. only figured it out by removing the cover and seeing the gasket was pinched. try filling it after cleaning it and see if it leaks. mine was only leaking after getting up to running temp tho.
if this keeps up i might quit sledding again i guess tommorro il tear into it again (after i just put it back together..got the new hood for it hood screens headlight with yellow bulb painted running boards and frount bumper replaced like 10 nuts and bolts i was gonna start on the suspension tommorro i guess il be doing the chain

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Should only cost like $5 or $10 at most for oem parts. You can prob match the seal at napa for $1.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Luke said:
Should only cost like $5 or $10 at most for oem parts. You can prob match the seal at napa for $1.
how much for everything cause if i do one side bearing i might as well do both so if you can just let me know what i all need then please gve me a estimate on cost thanks

·
Registered
257 Posts
like stated above probably 5-10 bucks per bearing. probly 5 bucks at the most for the seal. should be a pretty much universal type seal on it

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
blacktar08 said:
like stated above probably 5-10 bucks per bearing. probly 5 bucks at the most for the seal. should be a pretty much universal type seal on it
Thanks for letting me know... what kind of oil should i use to fill her back up then?? and if changing these bearings is anything like my xlt im gonna need a case of beer also lol i also cant seem to get my fuel gauge to work any ideas?? thanks again us

1 - 10 of 10 Posts