Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I posted about 2 months ago about my moms legend and how the piston cracked in half 6 miles down the trail. Well the people at this forum said it was our fault and we didnt warm it up or break in properly. Well.......The report is in apparently at skidoo they put the wrong size pistons in. Yup thats right wrong size. Plz post if youve had a similar problem because this could have happened many times on the line.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Is this an 01.? I thought I remembers a recall about the cdi and piston for slap on 01 800's

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have two friends who had the same problem. They both bought 500 Grand Tourings and one guy got 30 miles and lost the motor and the other guy got 12 miles. Apparently they told them that the cylinder heads were tapered at the top and the piston would jam as it went up. One guy got a new motor but the other guy they wanted to just fix the top half of the engine and not even replace it. He wanted a new machine or at least a new motor. He bought the machine on Thursday night lost the motor cancelled the check on Friday morning until he had something worked out with bombardier. They wouldn’t satisfy him so he kept his money and bought a 550 Panthera. I know of at least 5 of these machines that had the same problem in our Province. I would make sure Ski-Doo corrects the problem for you because it is their fault.Let me know what happens. Good Luck

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
IT was a 500 Legend and I expected that it happened more than once. I think they just replace the piston parts and all but not a new engine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts