Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
since nobodys bought my ultra i stripped it down tonite and the chain is toast. whatcha your input for gears i was think of gearin it down but im not sure?

·
Registered
807 Posts
Originally posted by 98xc700
[br]since nobodys bought my ultra i stripped it down tonite and the chain is toast. whatcha your input for gears i was think of gearin it down but im not sure?
stock 24/40 has little dog leg in chain which works well. 23/40 is good with studs, lets clutches run into overdrive and you may pick up top end. Check primary belt clearance to 10- 20 thou, if you are over (many 96-99's were) you may be able to run wider 075 belt. This belt will give more top end without losing acceleration and works well with 23/40 combo. Make sure you only have one washer under secondary snap ring if you use 075 belt.

The chains from 97 to 99 era were crap and went tight fast, team chains are good and less money than OEM.

·
Registered
94 Posts
In my old 800 Ultra I ran a 1.80 ratio. This worked out awesome, the clutches would fully shift out and that sled would just motor up top. I think it was a 21/39

1 - 3 of 3 Posts