Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if a motor mount bracket from an XLT or XCR will fit a 96 Ultra SP? I need one for the clutch side of the block.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
WOW...that looks identical to mine...the break is the same

·
Registered
9 Posts
holy crap I thought that it could only happen to me, same exact break, broke my torque stop bracket too. had mine welded, grind all four edges at 45 degrees tack weld one side in two places flip over weld out the other side flip back over and grind out groove to clean metal weld that side then weld up edges for 100 percent penetration. make sure you use a straight edge to align both pieces and clamp to the table before tack welding.

hammered hard and has not broke.

also take measurement between holes, you'll have to redrill the hole 3 5/8 inches i think. [attachment=55401]

Attachments

·
Registered
571 Posts
Mine broke in the same place before also. Sno- what straps are you referring to?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I guess Polaris should have made a bracket to hold a spare...kind of like for the belt. :eek:)

·
Registered
571 Posts
Originally posted by Sno-X-treme
[br]
Originally posted by MoJuice
[br]Mine broke in the same place before also. Sno- what straps are you referring to?
engine straps. Got one left...
Still don't know what it is Sno- ...and yea, sometimes I'm a little ignant. LOL

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What Sno meant by straps are the aluminum brackets bolted to the engine block and then bolted to the sled frame. Basically a motor mount.

·
Registered
571 Posts
O, I thought they were called motor mounts. Must be too much power in those engines, maybe we should start doubling up on motor mounts straps

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I call them mounts as well. I know they were going for less weight but solid steel would have been better I think.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Yea, I agree. If I'm going to save weight, I will start here...

[attachment=55417]

Attachments

·
Registered
985 Posts
if you have pipes i highly recommend some type of torque arm. it helps keep this from happening. the rear torque stop is also known to break. I'd bet several of the ultras on this site are running with cracked rear torque stops. On my fast ultra I flat sheared it off, and this was with a torque arm. Hey thats what happens when you have that many ponies.lol

anyway SLP makes a torque arm.
http://www.startinglineproducts.com/catalog.cfm?pageID=detail&catalogID=3&catID=18&productID=165
or you can build your own. I bought one and made several.

the best parts i've found to make one are: a small piece of angle drilled and bolted to front of engine directly in front of PTO bearing. and 2 tierod ends 1 right hand and 1 left hand thread. then use a artic cat double threaded adjuster bolt in the center. this allows you to adjust the arm for optimum torque. drill a hole and bolt thru directly behind the shock mount.

if i remember i will take pictures when get back to the shop. and give you Marshall part #'s for the parts. I'll even sell you a complete one if you'd like.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
i have a set of motor straps for sale as well. the aluminm is usually refered to as the strap, the rubber is usually refered to as the mount. if anyone still needs a strap let me know i have both sides. and yes i highly agree with bulldog. check into addition torqu arms if you have pipes or any mods. the crankcase on the sleds can aactually start twising and putting undud strress on the bearings as well

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Originally posted by MoJuice
[br]O, I thought they were called motor mounts. Must be too much power in those engines, maybe we should start doubling up on motor mounts straps
I tend to interchange the two....it just creates confusion.

·
Registered
571 Posts
^^^^^^[Comp2] ^^^^^^ it worked, you blew my mind...what's left of it anyway.........what was I saying?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts