Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive got slp pipes on my ultra, how do you measure them to tell what they are? Im only turning 7800rpm and i should be turning 8100 or 8700 depending on what pipes i have.

·
Registered
916 Posts
On the top pipe that has the SLP logo on it, you measure the distance between the welds of the center piece of the pipe.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its 7.5 from weld to weld

·
Registered
916 Posts
8 inches are high rpm pipes and 9 inches are low rpm. If your 7.5 they will be the high rpm pipe. Did you get the slp needles with them?

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes i have there needles, The motor is in a edge chassis, i have it clutch to slp recomendations, the high and low pipes according to there sight use the same clutching.jetting i have 400,390,400

·
Registered
916 Posts
Enjoy! I set up this engine with high rpm slp's a few years ago for a buddy. They REALLY wake up 680's.
26386.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok i had her out in the feild and i can get 8000rpm out of it thats it, and if these are high rpm pipes i should be turning 8700-8800rpm. I pulled the plugs and there way lean with 400 390 400 there white. Thats jetted to slp -20 to +10 so i thought id be rich if anything, its 25 here today. If the timeing wasnt changed would it cause problems like im haveing? I got this motor and pipes already together and dont no if the timeing was changed like slp says to by the previous owner..

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
IndyRXL said:
Ok i had her out in the feild and i can get 8000rpm out of it thats it, and if these are high rpm pipes i should be turning 8700-8800rpm. I pulled the plugs and there way lean with 400 390 400 there white. Thats jetted to slp -20 to +10 so i thought id be rich if anything, its 25 here today. If the timeing wasnt changed would it cause problems like im haveing? I got this motor and pipes already together and dont no if the timeing was changed like slp says to by the previous owner..
Any help would be nice[:)] trails open tomarrow[thumb]

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok i took off the recoil and i can see the timing marks and its set at the factory marks. So im guessing that this is the problem. How do you time a 2 stroke can i use a reg auto timing gun?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts