Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Take the suspension out, and star pulling bolts out and limiter straps. It's not difficult.

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Could be grease from the shafts that need lubed, generally they need to be charged once a year, get a total rebuild and be done with it. Fox shocks are gas operated, there shouldn't be crud from the shocks itself. If you have a spring compressor take the spring off, then test the rebound. If you don't have a compressor you can do it with a vice and some tools, but be careful, 4 hands are better then two.

Which shock you specifically talking about anyways?

-Skip

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the rear one in the track. but i cant get the lower bolt out the bolt hits the rail before it can be pulled all the way out.the onlt reason i think it that one that needs a rebuild is because the rear of the sled seems real bouncy(alot softer than the 97 xlt was)

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
You need to remove the bolts that hold the idler wheels in place, then scissor that out, remove the spacers, and the idlers, and you should be able to get that lower bolt out.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks alot for the help ill try it tomorrow. any suggestions on the oil i should use in the engine? one other question the ultra has a little plaque riveted on the hood by the key that says "POLARIS made specially for NELS" what is that about??

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
I ran my 1st one with Injex, and after 10k miles it looked kinda bad, I ran my SKS with Amsoil Interceptor, and looks brand new still! I will only run Amsoil unless I am in the boonies and no one has it. That plaque means it was snow-checked, Polaris use to give incentives, like specialized plaque for the buyer installed, and a jacket, L.E. Club for Liquid snowcheckers, Fan Club for Fanners along with free gear and stuff.

-Skip

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Possibly, otherwise change your torsion spring bumper settings to something more stiff.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts