Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,272 Posts
They are a good strong 120+hp sled..very reliable but the spx are very heavy..

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a package deal. Ultra, a 91 JAG 440 and a haulmark trailer for 4900 or BO.

I'm pretty heavy too 230+ so that's not a huge deal as long as it's strong.

Does anyone have a pic of a 91 JAG, I know the Ultra looks a lot like my XLT.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
I think the spx is in the aggressive chassis, nice lights, its a heavy sled but they are nice trail machines, set up the suspension for your wieght and riding style and i think you will like the sled a lot. there is a pile of power to come out of that engine if you ever need to.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
the 97 spx is the aggressive chassis and is very heavy..i had one with pipes and reeds,
the thing was a rocket ship and would beat my o3 sks 700,but i didnt like the way it handled at all.maybe with dual carbides and differnt springs i might have liked it,i sold it after snapping my handlebars,they broke as i was turning around to head for a ride..keep a eye on yours if you but it because mine were in good shape and broke for no reason..

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
I have a 93 panther and I think it is similar to that. Decent little trail sled. light and the 440 fan is a depenable motor although light on HP. They are great for the kids or wife if she doesn't like doing 80+

·
Registered
187 Posts
I had a 97 Ultra SPX SE 680 til last year, factory piped, awesome power, just a can added.. was low on compression (110) when i sold with only 1100 miles,... but ran phenomenally well from 3,000-7,000 ft... I just didn't want to rebuild a triple so I sold and bought an rmk-700. There is a Polaris factory recall on that sled for a potentially dangerous steering prob... couldn't find the link, but with some searchin I'm sure you will. And I'll agree with everyone, the thing is damn heavy, specially if you really sink it up in the mountains.

theres my 2 cents

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Heavy, Ultras aren't bad for wieght (Ok consider the source)LOL
Any sled seriously buried while mountain riding is heavy.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
they may b heavy but look at the power it puts out. Those ol spx will (from my experince) beat all 700's and every 800 i seen it come up against

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey guys thanks for all the input. I was on vacation so I didn't get right back to tell you I appreciate it. I have decided against the package deal based on your comments and the fact that I already have 1 97 Polaris and would like something a little newer. Will keep you posted on what I find.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts