Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ultra motor wont rev past 8000rpm, has slp high rpm pipes so i should be around 8700rpm. I did a few wfo runs and im also running way lean with 400,390,400 jets, i would think i would be on the rich side but the plugs are whiter than white. Would the timeing not be changed cause this? I got this motor/sled i thaught was all set up but i had to change the jets and the timing is set at stock. Im running the slp recomended clutching, there needles, v-force3 reeds, ufo's

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
SLP just gives you a place to start on the tuning, the fine tuning is up to you. I found the same thing putting pipes on my XC700.

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
check your oil pump, if the timing and jets were set to stock chances are the oil pump was too, it needs to be turned up a tad.....measure the welds on the center pipe to make sure you have the high RPM pipes!!

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They measure 7.5 weld to weld, i turned the oil pump up when i put the motor in my edge chassis.

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
Do those pipes have the can or the stingers?

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They had stingers, but have the can now, the guy had both

·
Registered
393 Posts
IndyRXL said:
ultra motor wont rev past 8000rpm, has slp high rpm pipes so i should be around 8700rpm. I did a few wfo runs and im also running way lean with 400,390,400 jets, i would think i would be on the rich side but the plugs are whiter than white. Would the timeing not be changed cause this? I got this motor/sled i thaught was all set up but i had to change the jets and the timing is set at stock. Im running the slp recomended clutching, there needles, v-force3 reeds, ufo's
Did you reclutch the primary.Pipes will need lighter weights to pull higher revs.Also UFO,s can have a big effect on jetting.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes primary was reclutched, every thing is to what slp calls for except the timing, i popped off the recoil and the timing is set at the stock marks. Thats why im asking if timing would do this, i dont have the tools to time it or it would be done already.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I can,t see the timing affecting the RPMs by that much.Somebody with more knowledge may be able to give ya a definite answer but usually the timing if adjusted isn,t more than a degree or so at least from my experience anyway.others may know better though.

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
i know the timing has to be advanced but i cant't remember by how much....do you still have the stingers?

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ultrastud said:
i know the timing has to be advanced but i cant't remember by how much....do you still have the stingers?
No i traded the stingers for the can.

Ugly_old_Poo_kid said:
Will it pull the revs without the belt on?
I didnt try it, i didnt even think to. im going to go and put the pipes back on and give it a try.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It will rev to 9000+ rpm with the track off the ground. I threw in new plugs and hit the feild again and held it open a little longer and was getting 8200 out of it but was running out of room fast. Did this a few times and checked the plugs and its running way lean. I guess i can throw in some bigger jets but im already running 6 sizes bigger, it just dont seem right.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
call SLP tech line, and tell them everything you are running and your pipe part number, It should be stamped on the pipes somewhere they are either a 09-680 or 09-6801. their number is 208-524-3397

1 - 14 of 14 Posts