Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im thinking of getting neon lights on my sled...what r some of the best places and how muckh is it gonna cost

·
Registered
85 Posts
I seriously would consider snow-glow out of Duluth, Minnesota. I have had the neon tubes that go under the running boards for 3 years and love them. They are really durable and bright. They have a website. I paid around $200.00 for the running board lights. They also offer vent lights.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I wouldnt go to sno-glo id get them from autoparts stores i dont know where your from but around here stores like Consumer Auto Parts, Advanced auto, Victory auto all the car parts dealers, i spent probably $26 on car interior lights and put them oon my sled, i drilled a hole to mount them on each suspension area on the belly, then did to that shine down on the running boards, ive had them for 2 seasons now theyve been hit with water, caked with snow and still work awsome! very cheap to! just pick up some adhesive glue so u can hit the holes u had to drill in them so water doesnt get in there, i can post pictures of mine if youd like

·
Registered
116 Posts
i got 12volt LED lights off ebay. several different strings and all kinds of colors. total investment on mine so far is around 9$. should have enough to do both running boards and front suspension. lot of work tho doing all the wireing and soldering myself.

·
Registered
567 Posts
holy hell chris thats not bad but how long is it gonna take ya to do it?

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
how does led's run off of a dirty DC? resistor? or is yours an electric start?

·
Registered
116 Posts
it took me about 2 hours to do the soldering to each strip. now i have wires i can use but splices with electrical tape. i'm going to route the wires under the hood to a small plastic container with a few 9volt batteries ran in parallel. i didn't buy single leds i bought led strips off ebay from hong kong. bunch of 12 inch long strips most costing around 2$ shipped.

·
Registered
85 Posts
ethan.justinger said:
im thinking of getting neon lights on my sled...what r some of the best places and how muckh is it gonna cost
How bright are the l.e.d.lights? Are they really as bright as neon? I find it hard to believe. Do you want a professional setup or a cheesy setup. The choice is yours. you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
567 Posts
ChristopherM said:
it took me about 2 hours to do the soldering to each strip. now i have wires i can use but splices with electrical tape. i'm going to route the wires under the hood to a small plastic container with a few 9volt batteries ran in parallel. i didn't buy single leds i bought led strips off ebay from hong kong. bunch of 12 inch long strips most costing around 2$ shipped.
post some pics when you get em done like to see how you have your set up

·
Registered
116 Posts
it'll be a wihle but i will. sled is put away and i'm planning on getting it out for a while. i have some pics of what iive done so far. should look really nice sitting on top of snow. the LED strips are bright.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
polaris50thman said:
ethan.justinger said:
How bright are the l.e.d.lights? Are they really as bright as neon? I find it hard to believe. Do you want a professional setup or a cheesy setup. The choice is yours. you get what you pay for.
they are brighter, an last longer an more durable

·
Registered
116 Posts
biggest problem with doing undersled lighting is that the easiest time to install them is summer. but you won't see how bright they truly are until winter. the snow will reflect a lot of light and make everything brighter vs what they look like on grass, concrete or your trailer.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
is there snowmobile LED sets that dont require a battery??? i know if you go to snow glow they state that you have to have a battery system. i do not an i want LED's

·
Registered
85 Posts
bj.hardy said:
polaris50thman said:
ethan.justinger said:
Have you actually seen or owned neon lights? I have seen both and in my opinion the neon is brighter. I have had neon tubes going into season 4 now and never had an issue. Snow glow has only had one broken tube in all the years they have sold them. I would call that durable. I am off trail all the time in logged out areas and put them to a lot of abuse. im not trying to start anything but I think they are both probably good products.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
polaris50thman said:
bj.hardy said:
polaris50thman said:
ethan.justinger said:
Have you actually seen or owned neon lights? I have seen both and in my opinion the neon is brighter. I have had neon tubes going into season 4 now and never had an issue. Snow glow has only had one broken tube in all the years they have sold them. I would call that durable. I am off trail all the time in logged out areas and put them to a lot of abuse. im not trying to start anything but I think they are both probably good products.
oh no thats fine, im just stating that most LED's have an average,, [10pt]**an i state average**[/color=red][/10pt] life span of 10,000 hours, an yes ive seen neon tubes and LED's i believe LED's are brighter, you just have to get the right ones, they make different brightness for different applications

1 - 17 of 17 Posts