Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a few questions about swapping my airbox for the UNI pod filters for my sled. I was wonderin if anyone has ever done this on a 1995 or 96 mach 1 670. also i was thinkin of using some plastic or rubber tubing to raise the filters right up behind the front mesh air intakes on the hood. this would get more air flow in, but i was wonderin if it would be too much air , therefore i kno im gonna ahve to rejet either way, but is this even worth it? will i be able to just head out on diff days and have no worries about the sled's varying performance from one day to another?
the sled is stock, and just had a rebuild. im happy with the pwoer but i kno there is more in it.
any info is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
528 Posts
From my experience I'd say leave the stock airbox in place. You would have to rejet, and there are lots of other issues. In my opinion those filters would be okay on grass or tar, not on a trail sled.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
I like and think K&Ns are alot better, but I would stay with the air box unless you are willing to strip alot of couling and what ever else you can strip to increase air flow through your hood. With the filters, they dont suck air from outside (even if you put the filters close to the mesh), but the inside of the hood, which is hot and contaminated with exhaust, causing an engine bogg

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Well put NFG. Your better off runnning your stock box, unless you really know what your doing with jetting and can get cold air to the filters!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts