Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We check all connections and cleaned them..they "LOOKED" fine but with electrical cleaner it started right up!...i love and hate easy fixes that take a while to find.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
im going with stator and he said no spark not no feul adam411 and how is the ground?

·
Registered
137 Posts
check the stator, and throttle safety switches... I would check the safety switches first.

·
Registered
493 Posts
What kind of sled is it? Did you do a continuity test with the Ohm meter or a voltage test? On the triples the coils are wired in series so if you have a problem with the wiring on the first coil all three coils go down.

·
Registered
137 Posts
depends... what kind of sled is it?

·
Registered
137 Posts
what was the problem? what did you do to fix it?

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
teather was bad? Come on you gotta tell what what wrong.[:D] 2 weeks ago when we had snow my buddy called me pissed off because his sled wouldn't run. 2 days later he still couldn't get it started so I went to look at it, fuel line shut off lmao.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
What ever it was you were all looking at the hardest and most expensive fix that usually is not the part that fails (coil, stator, cdi)
When it comes to electrical you must start with the simple (which is usually the problem)
Start with new plugs, check caps and conection, all wiring conections (good shape) Check that the kill switch, key ignition and teather cord are all operational. If you don't find the problem then go to the coil, stator, cdi

SO what was it?????

·
Registered
16 Posts
I agree with NFG.

I own a independent snowmobile shop in Minnesota and we sell many coils & CDI boxes only to have the customers return looking for more parts because those items were not the problem. It's usually a case were "my cousins sister-in-laws uncles half brothers friends neighbor who work for NASA as a rocket scientist says".

Snowmobile ignition and lighting systems are very simple compared to automotive systems. You can usually do some pretty simple tests and find your problem or you can keep throwing parts at it till you fix it (we call this the "Vegas" method of repair).

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
main key switch is what i've found alot of times

1 - 20 of 24 Posts