Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We left for the UP Thursday, 275 miles later we arrived in the winter wonderland at Newberry and better yet it was snowing too!!. Headed towards Paradise Friday morning, stopping at Tahquamenon Falls...awesome! In paradise we stopped for lunch 'n gas and I was checking over the sled because it was bogging down, turns out the primary spring cracked in two. Lucky there was a Cat dealer across the street with a spring for a ZL440, close enough! Headed towards Grand Marias then south to newberry where the trails were crap! 20 miles of moguls [:(] The last 30 miles I was low on fuel so I drove slow...Saturday morning start the sled up and 30 seconds later it runs out of fuel, extremely lucky I made it back! After refueling we went south to Naubinway and the trails were awesome...yea there was less snow but practically no other sleds and alot less bumps = a lot more fun. Put on 230 miles total and was it ever fun!

At the water fall
/polarisman/../images/users/sno-x-treme/1-4-03 newberry mi 002.jpg

/polarisman/../images/users/sno-x-treme/1-4-03 newberry mi 005.jpg

/polarisman/../images/users/sno-x-treme/1-4-03 newberry mi 010.jpg

/polarisman/../images/users/sno-x-treme/1-4-03 newberry mi 014.jpg

a lotta sleds!
/polarisman/../images/users/sno-x-treme/1-4-03 newberry mi 023.jpg

this was cool!
/polarisman/../images/users/sno-x-treme/1-4-03 newberry mi 025.jpg

just playin
/polarisman/../images/users/sno-x-treme/1-4-03 newberry mi 033.jpg

overlooking lake michigan @ Naubinway
/polarisman/../images/users/sno-x-treme/1-4-03 newberry mi 038.jpg

my fav, just absolutely beautiful
/polarisman/../images/users/sno-x-treme/1-4-03 newberry mi 044.jpg

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
I WANNA GO!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
Holy Crap!! That's some NICE SNOW!!!! Dang i want to ride soo bad. [:(]

·
Registered
59 Posts
Glad to here you had a great time. Lots of places to explore in Michigan. Almost makes you want to move there. More and more of the state now has snow. Now if only we could get some in WI.

Great Pics, but just not the same as being there!

Mark[:)]

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by Fire Nut
Now if only we could get some in WI
it was quite depressing coming back home and having no snow. Did you go 2 the snox races last night?

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Originally posted by Sno-X-treme
[br] I was checking over the sled because it was bogging down, turns out the primary spring cracked in two. Lucky there was a Cat dealer across the street with a spring for a ZL440, close enough!
Dude! That happened to me too in Michigan just yesterday! My primary clutch spring snapped into 2 pieces making for a REALLY slow takeoff. The only thing is, i had to drive it like that the rest of the weekend because the only dealers around were too far away.

I just got back from the U.P. of Michigan an hour ago...i was there for 3 days with a group of 9 sleds. Lots of fun! Your pictures are basically the same thing i saw too. Very nice!

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Those are some great pics man! We've got almost the same amount of snow in our area as well. Makes for a great day of riding.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts