Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are taking a trip to the UP this new years for 5 days, i was wondering where are good spots to get off trail and do some riding without ticking anyone off. We will be in the White Pine area. I've been up there before but we stayed on trail 99% of the time. Any input is welcome, just want a spot to hit the powder without ticking land owners or law enforcement off.

Happy Trailing

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
There is a lot of off-trail opportunities near Houghton, don't know the names since I was following.

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
ive seen trees in the woods there that had orange ties on them, so we followed them off the trail, it led into some pretty rugged tree to tree territory. a lot of side hilling and tree bobbing, i dont know if a snowmobiler marked them or not

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
kingofkings said:
There is a lot of off-trail opportunities near Houghton, don't know the names since I was following.
Off trail around the Keeweenaw is too dangerous. Too many trees, stumps and other land mines. Better stick to the trails and keep it safe...

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
I know after a good amount of snow the raco strongs area in the eup is pretty good for pow riding. All you have to do is go on a backroad off the trail and your there.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have a few buds that ride the porky's all the time, I hear theres plenty of off trail riding out there.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I live here in White Pine and there is great off trail riding around her going up the Big Iron river there some great hill climbing and I got some spots that don't see any sleds and the powder gets deep there is a couple places up in the Porkies you can get off trail the are great places to go........

1 - 8 of 8 Posts