Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
havent started riding yet in marquette. But it is snowing as of right now pretty good and am hoping to be hitting the trails sometime this weekend. ill keep you updated!

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Trails in the u p are alright, Watch out for the sticks and rocks. The snow is pretty fluffy. At last count snow was 10"+ in the southern part of the u p, with more on the way. This was as sunday night...

·
Registered
390 Posts
Yeah, the trails were ok. There were a lot of rocks on the trails, as well as some open water patches in some spots. The people hunting last weekend made a mess of the trails driving trucks and quads on the trails, but more people have been out now, so there may be a bit of a base to keep the rocks and ruts to a minimum.

UPDATE: Just got back from riding, and the trails are in much better shape than they were on Sunday. There are still some rocks clicking the skis every so often, and some of the bigger ruts haven't been packed in yet, but there is a halfway decent base now. I don't think they've started grooming yet, but I believe they plan to start this week.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I live in Mohawk, Thats in keweenaw county, I just got done riding around for the last 3 hours. Trails are Ok, there are still some rocks out there but not to bad for the most part, Looks like Are group was breaking trail in a lot of the area up here, Nice fluffy stuff.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts