Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven't seen mention of this but heres a good site for info on the trails around here. Some of it doesn't look updated to this season quite yet cuz not enough snow, but we're getting there. Good 4-5 on the ground with a lake effect snow warning and snow predicted everyday for the next few days. Trails officially open Dec. 1st, so now we just need a few more inches of snow.

http://www.exploringthenorth.com/snowmo/trails.html

·
Registered
390 Posts
So I finally get to put some miles on in the Keweenaw today, only to find that some of the trails have been re-routed, and some don't exist anymore. So I did some searching, and found this on John Dee's website:

"A few things of note for the upcoming season include the fact that [red]the Gay Lac La Belle Trail will be closed this season, Gay to Lake Linden Trail is closed until further notice[/red] and the trail to the Keweenaw Point will be groomed this year, as soon as there is sufficient snow cover, for the first time in 15 years. Trail permit price remains at $25."

??????????????? Those are trail numbers 122 and 133. They basically closed the entire east side of the Keweenaw! This is just pure lunacy, and I am not happy.

Just a word of caution to anyone traveling to the Keweenaw this season. Keep your eyes peeled for trail route changes and closures. I know a couple route changes caught me by surprise today.

Sorry for the rant, but it is kind of a trail report.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
God. There gonna kill the keweenaw/houghton area within the next 5 years at this rate. Only thing left will be the canal where they'll put a 2 mile law on being away from shore. : /

1 - 5 of 5 Posts