Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are finally heading north on thursday to find some snow...where abouts in the U.P. are the snow conditions the best? Where would you recommend going? We've never been that far north before so any suggestions as to great areas to ride and suggestions for motels would be appreciated. Thanks [:D]

·
Registered
59 Posts
This past weekend I stayed in Wetmore, which is near Munising. Plenty of snow in that area and still coming down. We then rode to Grand Marais. Grand Marais trails were excellent. Could not believe it considering all the sleds that were running the trails. The Munising area trails were pretty whipped up. But what can a person expect considering all the traffic.
Your profile says you are from the home of the bratwurst. Well that had better be Sheboygan WI. If it is, you have a 4 1/2 to 5 hour drive. Make reservations at a motel otherwise you may spend a ton of time looking for a place to stay where instead you could have been riding. If you want more info e-mail me at the address on my profile and we can chat.
[:)]

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
if you can stay in like bruce crossing or marquette and snowmobile towards paradise is suppost to be great, thats what were going to try for next weekend.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Paradise area is awsome at least 2 feet of snow. We had a great time there this past Saturday. There is a Best Western in the city.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
i was in the up jan 19-20 and i stayed at ironwood but monday we rode towards silver city and it was awesome couldnt believe the snow they got around bergland was aesome even ironwood was pretty good that area was alot of traffic but the groomers were going none stop seen at least 4 groomers in 2 days the trails were very smooth that was my first trip to michigan and i will be going back next month it snowed the whole time i was there on and off pretty amazing compared to what im used to in minnesota

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks guys!! Seems we'll be driving up thursday mid-day and staying at a friends house in Gladstone, then drive north early friday and stop when we see enough snow. Probably sled towards Paradise on the less used trails. Might go back to gladstone friday night, depends, then go riding saturday morning really staying off the main trail. A guy @ work (he used to live up there) is going to show me on a map tomorrow where some of the best trails are that won't be too heavily traveled [:D] He says stay away from Munsing as it's a huge tourist trap with a billion sleds

1 - 7 of 7 Posts