Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wow what a big different!!! its not even fully 1 week since last time I checked and I post it here last thursday I think. this time it was so much more effort to drill thru the ice using hand ice augar. the 2nd hole further away from 1st hole seems to be even thicker... I gave up drilling thru lol so I just throw the ruler thing in. 1st hole is about 8 or 9 inches thick.. and the 2nd hole I gave up was about near 9 inches thick and it was not fully cut thru.. well gonna be posting pics in here..JUST NEED SOME SNOW NOW!!!! ACK!!!

/snofan/../images/users/luvsnowncold/DSC00195.JPG

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
AWESOME!!!! I'm going to have to go and check the ice out in front of my father's house this Sat. We should have almost the same as you. If we has snow right now, I'd be out riding tonight. 8-9 inches is PLENTY of ice for sleds to ride safely. A friend of mine called me last night. He was out on the RR bed up near Caribou and said the trails were amazing. Said they had just been groomed that afternoon, and there was no one out on them. While I was talking to him, I could hear two sleds come SCREEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAMING by at like mach 10 over the phone. I almost packed up right then and there and headed up. Man I can't wait to ride!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts