Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I own a 2005 fusion900 and I just love that machine. Its stupid fast and I love the looks of it. They got a bad rap first when they came out, but once the upgrades were done to them, they are a heck of a machine and very reliable.

My question is, what upgrades and mods should I do to it?

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Timber sled intake, Dino port pipe, clutch kit, fresh air kits on belly pan

·
Registered
15,722 Posts

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Timber sled intake isn't the best option if your looking to increase the power of the engine. There has been a lot of guys that found it sucks in a lot of hot air and the filter gets gunked up with belt dust and other crap. I had the SLP air box on mine, it made a big difference in throttle response, was more efficient at getting cold outside air to the throttle bodies and helped cool down the clutches by getting rid of the stock one. Most guys don't like the SLP one because they are worried the pipe will melt through it, but myself and my dad's boss Perry never had this issue occur with either of our 2006's with stock pipes, it might happen with an aftermarket pipe but not likely. The other reason is that for the RMK's it is required for you to remove the front radiator, but for the Fusion you don't have too as there is sufficient room for both. With out that radiator there is concerns that you may run to hot in the RMK and switchback chassis, but we didn't see that in Perry's switchback.

For the hot air elimination vents, I had both sides, it dropped engine temps by almost 20 degrees once I got rid of the suitcase muffler and install a MBRP can. The vents and smaller muffler made for huge improvements with air flow.

Stock clutching leaves a lot to be desired on the Fusion. Very first thing you should do is get your hands on a Team 719 helix if you can even still find one. Run it in the steeper ramp and add two grams of weight in the primary. That 900 will haul the mail with that set up and you still have decent trail manners.

Pipes for the 900 are iffy, the stock one does a very good job, but Dyno ports single does it better with the stock mapping. If you want a pipe system to make more power this is it. I would have bought the Dyno port set up if I had kept my Fusion another year.
SLP's set isn't worth the money as it is very similar to the stock pipe, but if you want to add some more quick power for cheap, have the ECM reflashed for the SLP pipe and run the stock pipe. There has been some considerable gains from just changing the map. Several guys on here did it and are very impressed. Once the ECM is flashed to the SLP map you can't change it back so you have to be sure your not going to want to change anything after.

Extending the track to a 136 will help get the power to the ground better and make a hole shot rocket. This is the main reason I miss mine, the sheer toque off the line is almost unrivalled when set up properly.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
The guy I bought my pro x from had the dynoport pipe, timbersled intake, panel vents, dont remember whose clutch kit. It ran great from what I saw. Sad part is he passed away before he really got to ride it after all this work.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts