Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i've been mountain riding most of my life and this year i would start to like to do some upgrades to my snowmobile. I have a 2001 summit 800 with the 144inch track. It is completely stock and i was wandering what the cheapest and most effective upgrade i could do to it. I would like to stay away from pipes as i do not like the sound of them. Also, a lot of the people i ride with hate pipes, so i would like to stay away from them at all cost. I'm thinking of a clutch kit but am a little nervous as the most i have ever done to a clutch is cleaned it last year. I also don't know anything about which clutch kit i should go for or how to set it up properly. Any advice on this would be helpfull. Also, my sled tops at about 8000RPM, is this where it should be or should it be higher or lower? If it should be higher or lower, how do i change that in the cluthcing? Thanks

Scott

·
Registered
837 Posts
to change the rpm you adjust the clickers on the clutch there are 3 and thay go from 2-6 and 1 is not there due to the casting, they will change the rpm up ar down by 200, you should be aroung 7850. if you want to do some mods try some reeds and rejet to 490 mains if you go with v force and you should get a different muffler can, and since you are running higher elevations, and you don't want a pipe i suggest a exhast restricter it will give you about 3hp. check you pm

·
Registered
39 Posts
Best upgrades for the 800 Rotax is a RK tech head. Great mid range, and added HP. Also, the MPG is increased (you can drop main jets about 7-10 jets.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts