Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I was wondering if anyone can help me out, I got a 99 XC 700 SP and I want to take the Xtra 10 out of it and put an edge rear skid back into it. Any Sugestions?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I know thats what i Want to do, i just dont know how to go about mocking the suspension in the sled to figure out where i put the new mounting holes and brackets. So if you had any measurements to get me going or could point me in the right direction i'd appreciate it.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Originally posted by EdgeRacer440
[br]Well I know thats what i Want to do, i just dont know how to go about mocking the suspension in the sled to figure out where i put the new mounting holes and brackets. So if you had any measurements to get me going or could point me in the right direction i'd appreciate it.
http://www.jbshocks.com/edgemount.JPG

·
Registered
506 Posts
does your sled have running board coolers or tunnel coolers? If running board coolers I like to bend the back edge of the inboard cooling fin just in case the TSL ever decides it wants to hit. I have seen no sign of contact but it is close. I think your sled has tunnel coolers so it may not matter. Also make certain that you either move the support plates or make new ones. You can not just put in new holes the tunnel must be reinforced like the factory. I like to drill out the old support plate rivets from the inside just enough to loosen plates then pry them off. This will leave the old rivets in the tunnel and avoid the swiss cheese look. Then either use a body dolly or a 2 lb hammer on the outside of the tunnel and a ball pean hammer on the inside to peen over the rivets so they don't come out. Now just move the support plates. 1/4 rivets are best but you should be able to get away with 3/16 stainless rivets if you drill fresh holes in the plates. The specs above are on my site. If you have questions post back, pm or email. I would say if this is your first swap figure 6-8 hours. The last one I did was an edge into ski doo and took me 2 hours.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok yea i looked at your website and saw the diagrams, and im not gonna lie, they really dont mean much to me in Millameters so i will have to convert it to inches to get a better handle on the measurements.

·
Registered
506 Posts
placement is critical especially side to side and I find it easier to use millmeters so I suggest doing it the same way. If you must convert, here is a good online tool to convert. http://www.worldwidemetric.com/metcal.htm

1 - 8 of 8 Posts