Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed a set of v force 3 reeds on my edge x 600. I went to start it up and it sounds like it has a massive air leak somewhere. Should there be a gasket where the reed cage and the carb boot meet? And also between the cage and the jug?

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Never mind, Im an idiot. Atleast I realized my mistake.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Hey 580 man, My buddy has the exact sled. Let me know if can tell any difference in the sleds performance and if so please explain. V-force reeds are relatively expensive and I would like to know if they are worth it.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ive installed the gaskets and the sled runs a million times better. Haha, I wonder why?? I did notice better throttle response just by starting it up and hitting the gas a few times. I cant wait to see what it does in the snow. The head,pipe,can, clutch kit and now the vforce3's. I think its gonna be pretty quick. Ill let you know how it turns out!

·
Super Moderator
11,650 Posts
Originally posted by xlt580man
[br] The head,pipe,can, clutch kit and now the vforce3's. I think its gonna be pretty quick.
You know, it sounds like a Polaris version of my ZR! (Though I haven't picked up a set of reeds yet...eventually...)

·
Registered
586 Posts
i was looking at buying some used v force 3 reeds ... where can i buy the gaskets at?

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
any dealership im guessing. I got mine at some hole in the walla place for like 15 bucks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts