Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yeah about a week ago my sled was being really weird and had high rpms and no power so i went up north this last weekend and my dad rode it and then we came back and cleaned the carbs pretty much tore the whole thing apart and we finally found the problem. one of my v forces had a cracked cage and the carbon fiber pieces in it were just like disinigrating. so we had to buy new v-forces and that costed us about 300 bucks because you cant buy them seperatly..yeah..so now shes back in action.[:)]

·
Registered
661 Posts
How long did your original VF3's last? They won't sell replacement pedals or parts?? That doesn't sound good. I was thinking of getting some, but not if they don't last & you have to fork over $250 every time a pedal or cage cracks.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well they were real old. the guy i bought my sled from raced it so he had them on there when he raced it. but i think they are deffinatly worth it. and my sled is a 98 zr 600. so yeah. i will try to get some pics on here of my sled sooner or later. its upnorth right now

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
I have them in my sled now and had them for around 6000 miles in my Pro X with no problems. I changed the pedals once on the Pro X and I did not even have a problem just thought I would change them before they were going bad. They do sell replacement parts at least pedals for sure I do not know about cages, one of my buddies picked up a bag of pedals and 3 cages at haydays for like $60 look around on ebay and this summer you will find deals. I think I only payed $150 for my 100 mile old set on snowest!!!

DW

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah you can change the petals but the if the cage brakes your screwed i have no idea how mine broke but it did..and it costed my 300 bones...you can buy replacement cages its connected right to the v force itself.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts