Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Take off the carbs, look thru the reeds, stick your fingure in the reeds and gently touch and press on each reed peadle. You want to make sure that they are all there and that they all closed...no gaps from the cage. Or you could just pull the entire reed out and look at it on the bench would be the best way to inspect.Sometimes they start to separate from the cage itself and thats when you want to replace them. Hope this makes sense?

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
Remove the reed cages from the sled, and inspect the pedals..

Look for chips, cracks, separation of the pedals, or separation of the pedals from the cage.

If you find anything that isn't perfect, replace it. Pedals are cheeper than other motor parts.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
got ya. I was just about to buy those boysene (somthing,like that) one on ebay for 96.00. Think I'll check mine out first I'll take em right out tonight and look at em.

·
Registered
61 Posts
had em in a race quad back in the day, they get the job done, seems that v-force has the better rep.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
For the price of V's...Boysen will do the same thing and you will have money left over to ride.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
I have both Boyesen and V-Force II's, for the money you can't beat the Boyesen's, when the V-Force's go bad in my 98 I'll be buying Boyesen's for it, the Boyesen's are in my wifes 99 and performance wise IMO you can't tell the difference.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Boysen does just as good a V-Force.....but cheaper[thumb] I would just get the petals not the whole cage.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts