Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a couple of these sleds locally and i was wondering how they were HP and speed wise vs the old big bore triples i really haven't seen much of these before and was wondering if they are even worth your time seeing it having an extra cylinder there is going to be a little bit more maintenance and probable a little bit more fuel/oil consumption how was the dependability on the engines them self?

·
Registered
784 Posts
Those were very very powerful, especially torque wise. I rode one up a hill at a dump once and there was so much power I thought that it was going to flip over. Also they were super heavy like SUPER heavy! I heard there a pain in the @ss to work on to, Maybe that's one of the reasons they only made them for that short of time.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
My dad had one with the head milled .020", some serious port work done, and bender quad pipes. Thing would pass everything but a gas station. Also, dont try riding one in the powder, you'll regret it.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Heavy yes, but lighter than s storm or tcat. Engines are incredibly reliable with many riding at 10k+ original miles on the motor. Only extra maintenance would be carb cleaning. Not hard to work on at all- yamaha did a great job of putting everything in a spot thats easy to access. I have three and would love to have more. the 800's had 150 horse and are the smoothest running engine youll find.
Stock suspension sucks though. First thing i would do would be replace it

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
how were they stock all videos ive seen were of modded ones they look and sound awesome i seriously considering buying one ! heres a link to one of them http://nmi.craigslist.org/rvs/2008616772.html

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Good sleds overall. I got a turbo airbox sitting right here for one and one side of a crank from an 800.

·
Registered
84 Posts
not a bad deal for $900. They are awesome, even stock. 92's weren't as fast as the rest, but you will still be seriously impressed. great torque, great top end, awesome throttle response.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I know where a turbo system is at but don't know if he will sell or not!

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
DoubleClutch said:
I know where a turbo system is at but don't know if he will sell or not!
I got a turbo airbox sitting here that needs a home [beatup]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts