Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sitting in my garage right now is a 1990 Chevy Astro with a 1991 Caprice 305 Small Block Chevy in it. Finishing up the installation in the next couple days. Get pics of it as soon as I can. Should be interesting to see peoples faces when the minivan rolls past with the open header small block V8. Should have seen their looks when it was open header V6.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Sorry man, I don't care how good it sounds it's still going to be a minivan.

You don't have to believe everything you think!

·
Registered
23 Posts
ha congrads on the project! i can't wait to see the pics! My dad wanted to do the SAME thig as you with an astro van but i convinced him to wait till summer and build a mustang. good luck

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
And is a Chevy Astro classified as a MINI van? Doesn't seem all that mini to me.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by razorsharp:
Sorry man, I don't care how good it sounds it's still going to be a minivan.
[/quote]

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!! Im pretty sure I remember Sled Dog talking about this van this summer, and thank god it's not his money being wasted!

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
An Astro is a miniva, yes. They aren't that big. I think this is one of the more usefull concepts out there, I mean..lots of power in a 2-seater car or lots of power in a 7-8 seater van? Van is more economical.

Vote for Snowmobile Fanatics.com

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Actually, i've seen some pretty wicked fast mini vans. Modified of course. I have a video of an old Dodge Caravan, front wheel drive, drag racing against a V8 Camaro at the drag strip. The van won!
The van was gutted out. They dropped in a Mitsubishi Eclipse 2.0L Turbo engine and 5 spd. tranny and modified suspension. The engine had a ton of mods to it, and he ran drag slicks up front. And best of all, the van looks completely stock from the outside with the exception of the tires. That's quite a sleeper car!

12 second 1/4 mile! I have the video.

I guess all i'm saying is that Sled_Dog's van looks like it was a fun project to build, and even more fun to drive.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I've got a grand caravan and I have "NEVER" had anyone walk up and tell me " Hey, nice minivan!"

You don't have to believe everything you think!

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
minivan: u can drive around and do whatever u want in it and the cops will never look at ya, u could have a stripper in the back and u never have to worry.....drive a sports car......and they always lookin at ya.....

When's Winter Coming Back?​

·
Registered
864 Posts
Hey..

Guy here in town has a big block astro. gotta love sleepers. I run a V8s10
http://community.webshots.com/user/gbaronetxcr
Next project will be a tuned port ls1 all wheel drive extend cab S10
For a good grin check out...

http://www.caranddriver.com/xp/Caranddriver/comparisontests/2002/september/supercars/0209_sc_challenge_15th.xml

When in Doubt, gas it

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Like to see the Big Block astro. I have heard of them but never seen them. THere is a twin turbo small block AStro that runs like 10s. Guy is handicapped and uses it as a daily driver.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts