Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to sell the old ladys 440 and pick up a 99 xc sp 700 from her brother. He wants $1200 for it. The sled has MBRP race can and stock can, holtzman tempa flow, hot seat boost bottle, 1 1/2" paddle track. Just curious as to the reliability of these non ves 700s. Seems to run real strong, about 3500 miles on it i believe.

The sled has cracked carb boots, (he has the replacements) and an oil leak. I think just a leak from bottom of res tank. I know the oil leak started in summer, and was not ridden at all last year. So no engine damage. This sound like a good deal?

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Sounds like a pretty solid deal, even with the issues. Carb boots are easy to replace and the oil leak should be pretty easy to remedy.

Non-VES 700 is a solid motor, very reliable!

·
Registered
741 Posts
sounds like a real good deal to me. We paid 1,500 for our 99 xc 700 non ves with 2k. Just make sure he didnt lean out the side of the motor with the cracked carb boot. The non ves motors are still very reliable.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice thats what I figured. The sled has good compression and runs decent, just pops a little at idle. So he bought the boots. Im have someone offering $700 for the wedge 440 so Its a cheap upgrade to put a larger sled in the stable. THen have choice of 440 or 700 gen II.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
The 99 sp was the sled of the year (black one) if I remember correctly. The non Ves motors in the 700 are awesome motors. The only down fall is the oil pump and water pump run off each other by a belt so if the belt goes so does your oil and water.

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Sounds like a good deal to me! I got the 99xc 500. I had someone offer me 1200 and a set of 20 inch rims and my sled has 12,700 miles.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts