Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my friend has a yamaha venture and is looking in the direction of getting a deeper lugged track for it. I was wondering if anyone knew how big he can go before he starts hitting things under there with the lugs. I think we are going to try to go through it and strip things off and make it as light as possible. it was bought as a family sled like 6 years ago and no one but rides it but him so we are going to try to make a two up touring machine into more of a mountain machine, or atleast give it our best shot:)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
oh yeah one more thing. his primary clutch slips really really bad, as in sometimes doesnt ingage as though it isnt getting enough friction to grab the belt. could a different spring help with this. he has also been told that if he has it shimmed that it might help. any thoughts on these two subjects would be much appreciated as we have about another month of riding and he is down till next year unless we can figure out this clutch problem atleast.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
00RMK,
I think it has the same basic bulkhead with a different tunnel and rear skid. Look underneath it and see how much clearance you have between the front cooler and the track. You will need to maintain at least 1/2"-3/4" of clearance between the track and cooler so that the snow can escape without robbing to much power.
Sorry not a clutch expert but is the belt any good, Take it apart clean everything put it back together (just a starting point) if that doesn't work or you don't find other problems when you take it a part I would start with a spring. MY .02

For future reference put these types of topics in the Shop area any you will probably get a better response.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oops sorry. will do thanks. belt was bought new, was what the dealer said was supposed to go on this sled, and it still has this problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts