Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some friends are planning a ride in Vermontin January. We are all upstate NY, and wonder what it going to take for a week day ride, ie; reg, are the trails free like some in NY? Wheres the best riding, and accomodations, without spending an arm and a leg? We are just deciding to try Vermont instead of Canada, long drives getting to us, thanks in advance

·
Registered
71 Posts
if you dont mind crouds in town but enjoy big trails like canada island pond is the place to go.. it gets real beat in town on weekends though.. another real scenic place is topsham/ corrinth area. lake morrey inn is a real nice place to stay in that area..

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Definitely going to be weekday, tues, weds, any idea how they do the trail fee?/Is every trail a pay trail?? What counties are these in??

·
Registered
365 Posts
What are you going to ride on grass and leaves? Many appologies but this winter is shaping up to be another suck A$$ winter like last year..Someone please say it ain't so![:(]

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
I've ridden the St. Johnsbury/Danville/Groton areas pretty heavily and I have to say they are very nice. There is a Hotel(I cant remember the name of it) right off the highway in St. Johnsbury that is right on the main trail going through the area. I have also heard that Island Pond is a decent place to ride, but that the traffic is very heavy there.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
WOW, Vermont is a bit expensive for the out of towner. 110 for trail fee, no matter where ya ride??? 35 mph speed limits? okay, maybe ride in New Hampshire then??Snowing there yet? LOL

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Yes the fee is steep. Sleds must also be insured to ride there. However don't worry about the speed limit. I always ride above that speed when safe and have never seen a cop shooting radar.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Originally posted by daktruckie99
[br]Yes the fee is steep. Sleds must also be insured to ride there. However don't worry about the speed limit. I always ride above that speed when safe and have never seen a cop shooting radar.
I agree, I've only seen a handful out of hundreds of miles of trails that had posted speed limits.

·
Registered
64 Posts
i don't think the fees are very cheap for residents.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts