Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Snowmobile Crash Kills 7-Year-Old Polk Boy
Deputies: Speed Believed To Be Factor In Crash
POSTED: 5:33 pm CST December 4, 2010
UPDATED: 5:50 pm CST December 4, 2010
Email Print
Comments (1)POLK, Wis. -- Washington County deputies are investigating the death of a 7-year-old Polk boy.

Deputies said they were called to a private property at about 11:58 a.m. in response to a snowmobile crash.

Investigators said the boy was riding the snowmobile with an adult at a neighbor's house.

Deputies said the snowmobile spun out of control, overturned several times and injured both riders.

Detectives said neither the boy nor the adult were wearing helmets.

Deputies said the boy was flown to St. Joseph's Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

Investigators said the adult was taken to a hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.

Detectives said speed is believed to be a factor.

(Every one please please be carefull this year, and always wear a helmet.)

·
Registered
85 Posts
man thats sad.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Very sad to hear that, thoughts and prayers go to the family. On a side note though, please everyone wear your helmets and be safe this season. I wear my helmet just to go down to my mail box which is only 300 feet away but you just never know what can happen.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
95mach1670 said:
Snowmobile Crash Kills 7-Year-Old Polk Boy
Deputies: Speed Believed To Be Factor In Crash
POSTED: 5:33 pm CST December 4, 2010
UPDATED: 5:50 pm CST December 4, 2010
Email Print
Comments (1)POLK, Wis. -- Washington County deputies are investigating the death of a 7-year-old Polk boy.

Deputies said they were called to a private property at about 11:58 a.m. in response to a snowmobile crash.

Investigators said the boy was riding the snowmobile with an adult at a neighbor's house.

Deputies said the snowmobile spun out of control, overturned several times and injured both riders.

[highlight=yellow]Detectives said neither the boy nor the adult were wearing helmets.[/highlight=yellow]

Deputies said the boy was flown to St. Joseph's Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

Investigators said the adult was taken to a hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.

Detectives said speed is believed to be a factor.

(Every one please please be carefull this year, and always wear a helmet.)
The adult should have known better!!

I do feel really bad for the young boy and his family. So sad.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
teamarctic14 said:
how can you feel sorry for something like that when they werent trying to protect there self
You need some serious mental help. someone dies on a accedent. and all you can muster up is some wise crack comment, That was someones child!!!

·
Registered
353 Posts
Polk is just a couple miles west of my home. My wife and I were at that hospital taking a birth class when they were arriving St Joe's West Bend. We were just breaking for lunch. There was quite bit of activity there for a while, emergency responders, sheriffs office people etc.

Very sad.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Winks84 said:
god thats a shame, make sure you always wear your helmets, i couldnt even imagine how the adult feels tho.
agreed, just think the same thing could of happend to me. all i did today was make 2 loops on the grass.nothing happend thank god, and stupid me didnt put my helmet on..

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
95mach1670 said:
teamarctic14 said:
how can you feel sorry for something like that when they werent trying to protect there self
You need some serious mental help. someone dies on a accedent. and all you can muster up is some wise crack comment, That was someones child!!!
and i understand thats an the adult should have known better to wear a helmet and make the kid common sense you know

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
teamarctic14 said:
95mach1670 said:
teamarctic14 said:
and i understand thats an the adult should have known better to wear a helmet and make the kid common sense you know
Its just totaly differnt when they are so young ya know... thats what makes it so sad, i agree they both should of had a helmet on.. but still that kid was so young a helmet might not of even helped..

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
95mach1670 said:
teamarctic14 said:
95mach1670 said:
teamarctic14 said:
Its just totaly differnt when they are so young ya know... thats what makes it so sad, i agree they both should of had a helmet on.. but still that kid was so young a helmet might not of even helped..
yup and now he doesnt know what the sport is all about

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
^^That's not the point you moron. The comment you originally made was just plain stupid. I can only imagine how badly that adult feels knowing that had he put a helmet on that kid there might have been a chance that he survived. Now I completely understand that the adult was at fault for not making the kid wear a helmet but c'mon now it's not the kids fault that he lost his life. Show some respect or stay the hell out of here. Sorry for the rant but posts like the one you made really piss me off.

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
The adult who piloted the sled and survived, should be sterilized to remove some IMBECILE from the gene pool...

·
Registered
192 Posts
Classic case of "It won't happen to me" Such a shame! My thoughts and prayers are with the family. This is why I have a No helmet, NO ride policy...

·
Registered
737 Posts
WTF speeding without a helmet is stupid but taking a little kid with you without a helmet this guy must have been under the influence or just a complete dumbass, This will haunt this idiot for the rest of his life.

·
Registered
527 Posts
duece said:
WTF speeding without a helmet is stupid but taking a little kid with you without a helmet this guy must have been under the influence or just a complete dumbass, This will haunt this idiot for the rest of his life.
Wether or not he was or was not an idiot, had a helmet on or didn't the bottom line is a 7 year old is dead. Screw all this right and wrong crap, it is a tragedy regardless of the situation.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
NorthWestRider said:
duece said:
Wether or not he was or was not an idiot, had a helmet on or didn't the bottom line is a 7 year old is dead. Screw all this right and wrong crap, it is a tragedy regardless of the situation.
Agreed

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
teamarctic14 said:
201012611221421_5785.jpg

granted they both should have been wearing helmets but what the heck is your problem??? Geez???

Attachments

1 - 20 of 32 Posts