Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i don t know much about this system but would like to understand it more so if any of you wingnuts have any info on this could you please help a brother out. also how do you know when you have it set up right? thanks

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
They raise and lower the exhaust port opening automatically to provide a wider power band. In other words, it gives you low end grunt, but still maintains the high rpm power. Just more overall power. They are actauted by either an electronic servo, cylinder pressure or exhaust pressure. All brands use different methods. This pressure raises and lowers a guilotine which moves the exhaust valve either up or down. It's down at low rpm to give you lots of torque, and opens up at high rpm to provide lots of power. That's the way i understand it, hope it helps!

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
And just to add to that, there really isn't any set up involved with them, just keeping them clean.

2002 Arctic Cat ZR 800 EFI

founding member of the Arctic Cat Mind Control Team......you will believe!!​

·
Registered
268 Posts
The VES system is a way that the sled can lower emissions, sound, boost power, and has an amazing effect at mid-range. There can be an 11 HP increase in just 100 RPM range. It is a great system.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ride Snowmobiles, baseball, bowling, and golf require only ONE ball!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
the only way that i could forsee an aftermarket VES system is that if the company sells new cylinders with thier kit. Somehow i dont think it is available in aftermarket, and if it is, it will probably be very expensive because the kits would have to include new cylinders, new Exaust valves, new wiring to run the valves, and probably playing with ignition timing and jetting.

Polaris is my way out - Other people just use a door.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I know that you can get aftermarket VES systems for the Yamaha Banshee's. Maybe those companies make them for sled to, not sure just have to research it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts