Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been reading quite a bit about the VForce 3 Reed System. Has anybody out there installed these? And if so, have you noticed a big improvement or make a recommendation? Looking for $.02
Thanks

·
Registered
777 Posts
i don,t think to many have tried this,they just came out.unless you have 700 and up cc,s to expensive for they gain.IMO

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
In my opinion a new set of reeds of any discription will make the sled feel a little better. Reeds could be changed every season but few ever do that. I have had good luck with the boysen reeds and I change them after about 2000 miles. All you really notice is a little more snap in the throttle which was there but gradually dropped off as the reeds got hours on them. Even a new set off OEM reeds will feel good on a sled with over 2000 miles. Just my two cents worth as the man said.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I have tried both Vforce and Boyseen Rad-valves reeds in both sleds and my MX bikes and I never noticed any HP difference over the stock reeds. On each bike i noticed a definite improvement to throttle response. For some reason it does seem as though the improvement in the sleds while noticable was not as apperant. I would say that I can find alot better was to mod my sled for $300 bucks than reeds but that JMO.

I have heard from some people that the more modded you engine the bigger difference the reeds can make but I dont know since I never modified and engine other than having it ported and piping it.

I need spellcheck!

91 RXL/SKS 650
91 Exciter II 570
95 VMAX 600

1 - 4 of 4 Posts