Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My question is have any of you ever bought VForce reeds in the past???

I've noticed lately that the new VForce 3 reeds are out now, and i'm seriously considering buying some for my 440...

I've read all the hype about them being so good and all, but i want to hear from real people if they are worth about $250 for a set.
Did you actually notice the performance gains???
I'm still using the stock reeds.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a 01 PRO X 600 and I put the Delta Force II reeds in and they made a big difference off the line. It's unbelievalbe how snappy it is on bottem end. As far as top end, I didn't feel a difference really. I'm able to get guys off the line just about everytime and it makes the sled fun in the woods. I still believe they were worth the money though and I would think the new version is even better.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I put a set of Delta 2's in my 97 XCR 600 and it gave it super throttle response. The engine took its sweet time revving before, but after I put the V-force reeds in, it was pretty quick. I did notice it to be snappier off the line and pull more in the midrange, but top end seemed the same. I dont know if I would buy another set or not. For half the price you could just throw in a set of Carbon Tech reeds or other carbon fiber reeds and gain just about the same result. I also heard from alot of people and racers that you really dont gain much in the small cc engines, 440 and 500's. Its the big heavy breathing engines that gain the most, 700 on up. If it were me with a 440, I would just go with the carbon fiber reed pedals. Maybe give me a little more snap without spending the $$. More money for me!!

'HAMMER DOWN !!'

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Thanx Maydaze, was about to put Deltas in my 500 XC, think I'll do as you mentioned and just put in a set of carbon-fiber petals on my stock cage and call it a day. My stock petals have 3500 miles on them, probably time for new ones.

Any suggestions of petal types? Boyesen? Carbon Tech?

When hell freezes over, we'll ride there too.

·
Registered
322 Posts
My dad said he's heard from many dealers/mechanics...all that, that V Force are kinda over rated. So he went out and just got some Carbon Techs....those improved the throttle responce a good bit though. V Force Mighta been better though.

I may be young, but I ain't dumb!!! (I might seem like it, but I'm not. Anyways I don't think so.)
The Sled I Ride
2002 MX Z 800 X Yellow/Black

·
Registered
277 Posts
Hey '500fasEnuf', I have heard nothing but good about Carbon Tech. They seem to work and I haven't heard of any failures from people I know. Boyesen has been around a long time, but I never hear of anybody running them. Theres another new one out there called Wolfpack reeds. I've seen their ad but havent heard about any tests or heard any results. The best way to find out what works in your ride is to go to some drags or sno-cross races and ask the people using them, the racers. Its amazing how many racers will talk to the average guy and give them some advise. Of course you'll have plenty of stuck up idiots out there too. Good luck bud.

'HAMMER DOWN !!'

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have a 2000 800 rmk that I bought from a friend two years ago and it had delta force 2's in it with the slp single pipe and it ran real strong. when it ran My friend put two sets of reeds in the machine as they kept breaking. So for relyability reasons I'm now running the stock reeds in the machine with no problems. I would rather make it home every day with no problems then have the extra little boost of power. I know that Boyesen reeds are hard to beat in dirt bikes for reliablity and performance so I would think there snowmachine reeds would be just as reliable. best of luck

Regards,
Nathan

Alaska The Great Land!!

·
Registered
837 Posts
i have tried both reeds but on my jetski, and all the results are the same to compare to snowmobiles it has a 951 motor so it bigger then most snowmobiles, i started out with carbon tech and they add a little to top end and thats all i noticed, then i went to v force 2 reeds and they were a big improvement in low and mid range, and the top was even a little better then carbon teck, there were problems with both, after i took the carbon tech out and i noticed the pettles were not seated all the way and i was loosing power when i instaled them in my other jetski, so i don't use carbon tech know, on the vforce i broke 4 center pettals on my jetski this summer and the first problem was the shape of my in takes and i had to report them and that seamed to work, bu i still broke one reed after that, so there is a company that had carbon tech make reeds for the v force pettles and these will fit the skido rered cages also, the difference is there are no cuts in the center reeds so its like a big flap not 3 fingers, they are at www.rossiereng.com you have to call them to get them, but those solved the problem of breaking on my 951, then i got this new used 01 mxzx and it had vforce also so i took a look at them and the pettle on one sider were replace and the others had chips adn were worn out so i replace both with standard stock replacement reeds not the carbon tech ones so i will see how long those last, i hope i didn't mess up buy not replacing them with the carbon tech ones, i hope you can follow what i wrote, some times i skip around because i have so much to say in my head sorry

1 - 9 of 9 Posts