Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone just wanted to know everyones opinion about these two reed valves. Everyone always hears about Vforce 3 but hardly ever about Boyesen. Any big difference, one better than the other? Do they really make that big of a difference?

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Boyensons seem to last the least. They wear out alittle faster. The v-forces are all right. Not crazy about either one. The oems last twice as lond as either one.

There are some gains but mainly throttle response, maybe a few hp on top.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I would disagree that stock reeds are better than aftermarket if we are talking about skidoo's. Skidoo stock reeds don't last. I have to rev's both with around 500 miles and both are flaking and bubbling. I am going with a set of v force 3 and clean up the throttle response.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so it is about throttle response? there is no real hp gain then. where do you notice it, just as soon as you hit the gas or is it a more average thing?

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
if your looking for a large hp gain get a set of pipes.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
on a stock big twin they can clean up some bottom end and midrange. not the peak hp. but if you get a single pipe that is where either set come in to play. with a pipe is where they will show the extra 2-3 hp gains. I have put some boysen on atvs and thought they were a good looking product. I have put v force in my sled just to try them. I sell the twin v force for 225 and the boyesen level 2 for 235.

now compare that to the aaen single pipe. the reeds will only gain 1-2 hp on a stock motor. with no wieght loss. the aaen single pipe for another 120 dollars will gain good hp and torque. but loose 20 lbs. there isnt that much to think about. there is no other exhaust product out there that will gain you the hp and weight loss as the aaen single pipe. it also gives that nice throaty muscle car sound.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts