Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Reeds are a one-way valve, located downstream from your carbs and mounted between the crankcase and the cylinders. This allows the motor to pull the air/fuel mixture from the carbs, through the reeds and down into the case. The reeds stop the air/fuel mixture from backing out of the case and up into the carbs again while the internals of the motors are spinning around. With a reed valve motor more (as opposed to a piston port motor) the intake charge will stay inside the motor more reliably.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
They are held in by about 6 or so bolts, they are mounted in the top half of the crank-case. They are after the carbs (separated by a boot from the carbs). "downstream" is actually a decent way of saying it. They take the fuel/air mixture, and release it into the intake port of the cylinders, in molecular form)little drops, kind of like a mist of fuel/oxygen). which combusts in the combustion chamber (obviously).

V-Force 3 reeds are 100% NOT worth $285, and produce a performance gain so minimal , I would be surprised if you even noticed it. they claim 2-3HP, but that complete BS. People I know bought them, ZERO gains anywhere, no performance wise, or fuel efficiency wise..... Just the ability to say the sled has V-Force 3 reeds, and to add $5 to the sleds re-sale value.

If you want to spend $280, buy a clutch kit, and and some new plugs & exhaust valve bellows. Money well-spent.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
they are supposed to go better with different porting or something^^^ stock doesn't do much but maybe better throttle response

Edit - Not sure why this post has so much blank space in it?

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Yes, if you gave porting, heads, lower jetting, pipe combo, vforce reeds will help. Especially if you have bored carbs, and larger intake ports...

·
Registered
232 Posts
jesse500 said:
They are held in by about 6 or so bolts, they are mounted in the top half of the crank-case. They are after the carbs (separated by a boot from the carbs). "downstream" is actually a decent way of saying it. They take the fuel/air mixture, and release it into the intake port of the cylinders, in molecular form)little drops, kind of like a mist of fuel/oxygen). which combusts in the combustion chamber (obviously).

V-Force 3 reeds are 100% NOT worth $285, and produce a performance gain so minimal , I would be surprised if you even noticed it. they claim 2-3HP, but that complete BS. People I know bought them, ZERO gains anywhere, no performance wise, or fuel efficiency wise..... Just the ability to say the sled has V-Force 3 reeds, and to add $5 to the sleds re-sale value.

If you want to spend $280, buy a clutch kit, and and some new plugs & exhaust valve bellows. Money well-spent.
201061594223437_30828.jpg

·
Registered
511 Posts
Aftermarket reeds are only worth it if you a doing BIG motor modification or are replacing worn stockers (got my Boyesen Rage Cages for about the same or less than Doo ones).

Clutch kits come with different components that go inside your clutches. To install them you need to take your clutches apart to install the new parts.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
are they hard to install so a 14 year old can do it... i no how to take the clutch off

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
you need special tools a dealer or shop has. you can buy a clutch kit, and send the clutch, and components to a dealaer and get it installed. You need a clutch puller to get the clutch off, the secondary comes off with one bolt.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Yeah bringing it to the dealer would prolly be your best bet. Def spend your money on a clutch kit rather than vforce reeds.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts