Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had a fun day racing on July 25th. Ron Hunyady won the Improved Open class with his pump gas 1107 trail motor. I threw a short video together showing the days action:

Ron Hunyady wins Improved Open video

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
hole shots win grass drags!!
impossible though, triples are heavy slow and made for top end not short runs no way could they compete in grass drags. otherwise the factorys would still be building them. wink wink!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
madcow said:
hole shots win grass drags!!
impossible though, triples are heavy slow and made for top end not short runs no way could they compete in grass drags. otherwise the factorys would still be building them. wink wink!
x2. triples are big, dumb, fat and slow. [:D]

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
have the sanctioned race bodys take away the weight rules for the triples and the age rules of the sleds. in the 800 improved class if minnimum wieght is 600 lbs it shouldnt matter what year the chassis is or what engine it has.

i would bet the farm that if they let the classes run that way you wouldnt see a twin in 700 cc or bigger classes other than stock.

but they do it so they can sell new sleds. why would anyone line up to buy a new sled when old engines are the ones winning the races? before you know it people would want to use the triples that are winning races in there trail sleds.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
madcow said:
have the sanctioned race bodys take away the weight rules for the triples and the age rules of the sleds. in the 800 improved class if minnimum wieght is 600 lbs it shouldnt matter what year the chassis is or what engine it has.

i would bet the farm that if they let the classes run that way you wouldnt see a twin in 700 cc or bigger classes other than stock.

but they do it so they can sell new sleds. why would anyone line up to buy a new sled when old engines are the ones winning the races? before you know it people would want to use the triples that are winning races in there trail sleds.
All I heard is how the twins were going to be so light and both quick and fast. The 03' Firecat came out and everyone was excitied. I still remember the 1st time I raced one in a field and got my butt handed to me. I thought "dang, looks like I'll be getting a twin soon". time went by and the twins got heavier and heavier to the point they are as heavy or at least close to the triples weight. Even the Z1 is out and that thing is a tank. Over the past few years my engine builder has worked on making more trail hp out of both the ZR twin big bores and the triple big bores to the point where I don't even think about ever going to a twin. I'll have my sled with my big triple in it for as long as I can see and just keep making these new sled owners jealous. Call it old technology, call it outdated or even call it ugly but just don't call me/us slow.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I changed the link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXpfAyN4Jcg

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
my 1000 xcr will have 38 mm carbs, thats a lot smaller than the big throttle bodies on the small twins. no ves, no tps, the only technology it will have is nicasil. and if i did a half way good job on making the pipes 210 hp with a very broad torque and hp curve. that is not race ported or anything in high compression.

i cant wait to get it dialed in this winter and post a video of a radar run and then ask all the f turd riders to beat it.

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
madcow said:
my 1000 xcr will have 38 mm carbs, thats a lot smaller than the big throttle bodies on the small twins. no ves, no tps, the only technology it will have is nicasil. and if i did a half way good job on making the pipes 210 hp with a very broad torque and hp curve. that is not race ported or anything in high compression.

i cant wait to get it dialed in this winter and post a video of a radar run and then ask all the f turd riders to beat it.
Speaking of dialed in, how did that thing go with the domed heads that were gonna revolutionize engines?

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
he is working on the fuel side of it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts