Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a 1996 polaris xlt, and i need to verify the vin before i go to the rmv to registar it, can anyone please tell me th elocation. thanks

dennis

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
If it's not worn off it should be on the outside of your tunnel (next to were your boots ride).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how many numbers should be there, there is a set of numbers around 10 i beleive, that sound right? i am at work, sled is home, but was wondering

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
It sounds right....all you can do is try. I can't remember how many #'s were included that far back.

·
Registered
845 Posts
sledneck1978 said:
If it's not worn off it should be on the outside of your tunnel (next to were your boots ride).
Hey sledneck are the #'s engraved?

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
rsims16 said:
sledneck1978 said:
Hey sledneck are the #'s engraved?
Yes they are

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
are the numbers stamped into the tunnel or are they on a name plate, this is realy important because i got the sled from a guy on craigslist, everything went well with the sale except i need to add the vin to the bill of sale befor ei reg it.

maybe a pic of where you are talking about too, maybe

thanks

dennis

·
Registered
377 Posts
HEY this is a stupid question but how do you post a topic i can not figure it out

·
Registered
232 Posts
SXMTX, find your way to the forum that best suits the topic you want to post and click on the "new topic" button.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a later 1990s indy 500 and cant find the vin anywhere, it's not in the tunnel we were thinking it's under the original decal but now I'm second guessing it any ideas

1 - 12 of 12 Posts