Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son's 1972 Yamaha SP 338C only had break light working and not rear running light. We replaced rear bulb, clean all contacts and socket, and made sure it was the right bulb. Now we have running light when brake is applied, we loose running light and small pause and brake ligh comes on dim. If anyone has suggestions on what to do, PLEASE let me know!!!!!!! THX

GIVER!!!!!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Be sure that the ground is good. It may ground through the chassis or tunnel. Some times it is easier to solder a ground wire to the socket base if the mount is too rusty. Then run the new wire to a good place for ground. If the ground is bad the shortest path to - (neg) is through the second filament. That is why it is dimmer.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
THX for the tip! We figured that would be it.The only problem is trying to run the ground wire without breaking seat bolts off. This sled is absolutely mint it's never seen pavement or abuse.It sat covered for the last 5 years never even started up.Before that it was only used 3 maybe 4 times a year.Brought it home started 3rd pull with what ever fuel it had left in it .We cleaned the carb added new fuel now it runs like a fox but put a wrench any where near the tunnel, snap drill and tap.

GIVER!!!!!

·
Registered
44 Posts
If that was the case on one of my sleds I'd be hitting everybolt I turned with penetrating oil well before I ever intended to turn them.
Then maybe a dose of the heat wrench too just to be sure.
I work on antique (1928 and 1952) tractors alot and I use PB Blaster on every bolt I turn. When I put a bolt in it gets a dose of anti-sieze first. Unless its a shake out in which case it gets locktite.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts