Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any of you guys with vintage sleds run the ice oval races? its cheap run and you dont need snow to beable to run your sleds...couple friends ran thier sleds last weekend in strathcona MN 45 min north of Thief River Falls....one was a sno-twister 250 and the other was a scorpion sting 440...if interested check out this site www.sledsracing.com like i said its good cheap fun and allows you guys with vintage sleds to get out and run em'[:D]

·
Registered
191 Posts
looks like fun

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah its alot of fun....great way to get out on your vintage sled and have some fun even without snow...after the race last saturday my buddy let me take his merc snow-twister out on the track during open practice...its very addicting

·
Registered
765 Posts
I wish we had that in Michigan. I've got a 75 Merc Twister 440 that I'd love to race

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Man, I'd be all over that if I didn't live in the Rainforest. I've been looking at the VSCA rules and such. Like you said it's cheap and fun. I already have a sled to run. But I can't justify a 10 hour drive and $750 in gas, lodging, and food for a 15 minute run. Maybe I can get together with some club buddies and talk them into making a track on one of their farm fields when it gets cold.

Bryan

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
just so you know you can jump classes to get more riding time if you want...at least in strathcona...my buddy with the scorpion was entered in 3 different races while the buddy with the merc. was entered in 4 or 5 races...not to mention you can run them after the races are complete for more practice etc

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
This will be my first year ice oval racing. Im starting in the Junior class(because thats all they'll let me run) because im only 17. I am racing with Pro Vintage Racing(PVR). Currently i am getting my 79 Invader 340 ready for racing. I can't wait untill the first races!!! Hopefully i can get some pics soon...

·
Registered
539 Posts
i have raced at Strathcona before. fun place to go short track vintage oval racing. very laid back.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Originally posted by ski-doo211
[br]This will be my first year ice oval racing. Im starting in the Junior class(because thats all they'll let me run) because im only 17. I am racing with Pro Vintage Racing(PVR). Currently i am getting my 79 Invader 340 ready for racing. I can't wait untill the first races!!! Hopefully i can get some pics soon...
im happy to see im not the only one out there with a 340 invader, only i dragged mine a few times and last year i raced sno-cross...and will again this year too

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
The biggest Vintage oval race of the year is this weekend! Eagle River!!! Who is all going, I know I will be there and my dad will be racing his 73 Viking.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i wont make it this year but possibly might make it next year with 2 other guys who race up in northwest mn...if i can get my sled ready in time i might race or at least do some testing at the Thief River Falls race next weekend...which btw is at night under the lights!

·
Registered
489 Posts
any of you been to beajour ice ovals in manitoba its sweet there lots of exitment grandstands. trackside parking, can roam around the pits, and concession for food and drinks. Its and awsome play both vintage and pro mod sleds race lots of adreneline

·
Registered
539 Posts
i have raced at Beausejour seceral times also. been there just watching many times too. it's the Daytona of ice racing.

·
Registered
489 Posts
oh kool are you gonna be there in march 4-5? im sure ill be there i was at the season opener dustin wahl won the cheakerd flag for the season opener. for any of you that have never been its truely one if not the best ice oval track ive herd some racers say this is once of the best tracks.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts