Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 340cc fan merc trail twister.
what mods can i do to make it go faster?
or where can i get gears to gear it up a bit
Stock is 14-38, i think
i max out at 60 but there si tons of torque left...could a clutch kit help out?
it has about 2000 miles on it and has an almost brand new suspension and track, pure stock right now

·
Registered
12 Posts
DUDE you could put some nitro on it... or something cool like that... lol i dunno if you would want to go any faster it might fall apart when it hits 75... lol jk i dunno what to say adam later

·
Registered
187 Posts
Ok a nice oldy my 73 tx will do about 75-85mph and dont forget steering and suspen. on the old sleds was an option and doing these speeds I make sure its straight and long. Play with your jets abit, clutching is the big thing.I talked to my buddie who used to race these gems in the late seventies and eighties and he said these old free airs like lots of rpm and fuel. If we go to the grass drags this summer he is going to set my sled up to launch over 5,000 rpm I can't imagine it but he says it will just take off like a scared rabbit I am just afraid of over heating the engine.He also says that it should clean up in its class as long as I can hold on and keep on the throttle. We will just have to see. I am used to being in a car with a full cage and parachute when I drag race not just out there if you know what I mean hahaha.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well, one problem was, the carbs were a little outta sync. but it still takes off liek a bat outta hell...the only problem is it dies out as it gets warmer...what might my problem be...im lookin at grass dragin it

1 - 4 of 4 Posts