Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[/font=Comic Sans MS][/size=3][blue][/blue] I just started riding a 2002 Viper. It runs amazing, but has one small problem. At low speeds, like basically coming from a dead stop to a crawl, it feels like the belt is slipping, or the track is skipping. I have ruled out the track skipping, so I think it must be in the clutch. Has anyone had a similar experiance, or think they know what I am talking about?

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
need more info.
is there any clunking sound or feel? check chain case and track tension.
if you are leaving a stop sign and it starts to roll at 5000 rpm and you give it more gas to get really going that is normal.

any sqweel or smelling of burning belt?

·
Registered
26 Posts
i ride a 98 srx 700. i had a similar problem with my sled, and noticed the alignment of my clutch was a bit off. this was because when my drive shaft bearing on my clutch side went i didnt slide the bearing all the way snug to the end of the driveshaft. so i fixed that and everything ran 100% good, and bam no more off the line sluggishness. so i would either say 1 of 3 things.

1) your drive bearing may have gone out, or is going out; and it threw off the alignment of your secondary a tiny bit and could be causing that

2) your belt may be lose and slipping a bit on takeoff. you might want to try keeping your hood poped when you take off and watching it to see if it is doing that.

3) like madcow said, pop your chaincase off. your chain may be a bit lose, if it is. try to step the tension up a bit.

hope i am of some help to you, goodluck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts