Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put the new heat exchanger on already, rejetted the carbs, and cut the airbox for increased flow. Just have to cut up the hood and belly a little then put the pipes on and the head gasket. Already reclutched it with the clutch kit too.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
We changed the head gasket to the new special cooling one and started on the pipes. Only problem is that the instructions for the pipes aren't there. All I can say is Thanks Bender. I am going by these ones on the internet I got that don't have all the information. Oh well we will get it.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Done should have Video of it in action in the next day or two. Man I can't wait to get that thing out and crack the throttle.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
I was just curious as to where you had to cut the hood for the pipes to fit? I'm sure that thing is going to RIP!!!! with the pipes and clutch kit. Definately want to see a vid when its done.

1997 XLT SP 600
"Engage the Mechanism"

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No cutting of the hood needed. Had to cut one thing on the bellypan. Where the hood cable attaches to the bellyban had to be cut off and moved to one of the pipes.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
WE found a part we forgot, and the instructions, my wonderful dad left them in a box full of VIper parts(never think to look there). Whatever, we put the engine stabilizer on, new throttle lever(broke it when I rolled it racing last year), and the part we found which is a hood shim that holds it up just a little off the pipes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts