Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you think could be the problem with a twin Vmax I think early 90's ( the black ones with pogo stick struts) that starts runs and goes great on the trail, but when you get on the lake and put the flipper to the bar it cuts out. It is a friends and he says it doesn't bother him but this sled just rips until you want to open it up and then it falls on it's face and it bothers me.

It has twin pipes, egt gauges, dial-a-jet and that's all I can think of. Just looking for things to check or if anybody has seen this problem.

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Sounds lean to me. I would richen the dial a jet to full rich and see what happens. Is it stock jetting?

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
what did the gauges say when it starts to sputter? I will go with the others and say jetting, or fuel supply, is the screen in the tank partially plugged, hose a little kinked.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the feedback I will pass it on. Probably I will be the one to check everything for him. Do you guys have to work on all your buds sleds like I do? Sorry I haven't been checking in very frequently.

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
We all kind of learned together. We wrench together all year long: Sleds, RC Trucks, JetSki's, etc... There are 8 guys in my riding group 3 of us ride Polaris, 3 ride Ski-Doo, and 2 ride cat. So we get to work on a lot of different sleds. Although i dont do all the work on the sleds, I do all the towing when someone breaks down. :)

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My 2 best friends ride Yammi's and I ride Polaris. So far I have been the only one to have to be towed, so it is taking me a little time to live that down.

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Trust me your redemption day will come... and it will be a sweet one if they dont let you live it down soon... We all came to the conclusion that all sleds break so we are very careful not to give too much crap because the next time it could be me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts